Add These Festivals, Fairs and Happenings to Your Summer Getaway Calendar
(Bucks County, PA) - Plan a sizzling summer getaway to Bucks County, PA - located only 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City! Philadelphia's Northern Countryside shines in the summer months with fruity festivals, tasty wine and beer events, old-fashioned country fairs, car shows, outdoor fun and more for the entire family.
• Strawberry Days at Shady Brook Farm, June 6-7 & 13-14 - Take a wagon ride to the fields to pick your own strawberries at this more than a century-old, family-owned working farm. Every Friday night through August, Shady Brook hosts their Wine Concert series where visitors can enjoy a glass from Rose Bank Winery and relax to great live music.
• Bluegrass & Blueberries Festival at Peddler's Village, July 11-12 - Celebrate one of summer's favorite fruits at the Bluegrass & Blueberries Festival at Peddler's Village! Enjoy live bluegrass, folk and country music all weekend while sampling some of the finest blueberry treats.
• 21st Annual Peach Social, August 2 - Head to the quaint town of Bristol for the 21st Annual Peach Social, hosted by the Bristol Cultural & Historical Foundation. Bring the whole family to indulge in tasty treats, including angel food cake topped with fresh peaches and ice cream!
• Peach Festival at Peddler's Village, August 8-9 - Peaches, peddlers and performers are some of the highlights of the annual Peach Festival at Peddler's Village. Enjoy peach-filled dishes, shop for bargains at the sidewalk sales and enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the village.
Raise a Glass With Beer and Wine Events:
• New Hope Beer Festival, June 13 - The New Hope Beer Festival returns for its second year of brews, music and more at the Event Center by Cornerstone. Your ticket includes unlimited beers from the region's best breweries.
• Brews & Bites at Pennsbury Manor, June 20 - History, brews and delicious food merge for a vibrant summer night at Pennsbury Manor's Brews & Bites. Watch 17th-century brewing demonstrations, tour the Manor House and relax along the Delaware River while sipping on ale from some of the area's top breweries.
• Upper Bucks Brewfest, August 29 - Quakertown Alive! hosts the 4th Annual Upper Bucks Brewfest featuring more than 60 craft beers from area breweries, wine, food, craft vendors, entertainment and more at the historic Quakertown Train Station.
• Fonthill Castle Beer Fest, August 29 - Toast to the end of summer with a majestic concrete castle as a backdrop at Henry Mercer's former home in Doylestown. Fonthill Castle's annual Beer Fest features brews made locally, regionally, as well as by home brewers.
• Doylestown Art Days, June 4-7 - Doylestown turns into a giant art gallery during the Second Annual Doylestown Art Days. Head to town for a four-day art extravaganza that pairs local businesses with student, emerging and professional artists.
• 16th Annual Art of the Barn Tour and Show, June 11-12 - Bucks County has long been known for its historic barns and vibrant arts scene. The two combine during the Bucks County Audubon Society's Art of the Barn Tour and Show, where visitors are invited to visit several Bucks County barns filled with art.
• Polish American Family Festival & Country Fair, September 5-7 and 12-13 - Close out summer with Kielbasa and beer at the 50th Annual Polish-American Family Festival and County Fair at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa. Hear traditional Polish music, experience classic carnival rides and enjoy magic and dance shows.
• 67th Middletown Grange Fair, August 12-16 - Become immersed in Bucks County's rich tradition of agriculture at the beloved Middletown Grange Fair. Explore three large barns full of arts and crafts, view an antique tractor display, enjoy family-friendly rides, live entertainment and visit with more than 500 live farm animals.
• 5th Annual Garden Affaires Tour & Marketplace, June 28 - Quakertown is home to many beautiful outdoor spaces. On June 28, join Quakertown Alive! for the 5th Annual Garden Affaires Tour & Marketplace and tour six inspiring Upper Bucks County gardens.
• Jog n' Hog at Shady Brook Farm, July 19 - You'll "scream for ice cream" at the annual Jog n' Hog, a four-mile race at Shady Brook Farm. Run two miles, stop and eat a whole quart of Uncle Dave's Homemade Ice Cream and then run two more miles to the finish line. Think you can do it?
Start your engines! Several car shows are rolling into Bucks County this summer:
• Quakertown Community Day and Antique Car Show, July 4
• Newtown Business Association Antique and Classic Car Show, July 19
• 58th Annual New Hope Automobile Show, August 8-9
• Under The Stars Car Show in Perkasie, August 16
For a full schedule of summer festivals and events, check out VisitBucksCounty.com.
Contact: Jessica Lawlor
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.