Bucks County Offers Enjoyable Meeting Spaces and Accommodations for Companies
(Bucks County, PA) Tourism trends from Skift.com indicate that today's business traveler is not only focused on their company's meeting plans, but also wants to optimize their time away from home by exploring the area they are visiting. Bucks County, PA hopes that business travelers who meet here experience the attractions, scenery and wonderful accommodations that our leisurely visitors love.
Bucks County is the picture-perfect destination for businesses to host meetings and special events because of its unique and spacious venues rich with historical charm and architecture. After a work event, executives can wind down in Bucks County with one of many leisurely attractions ideal for corporate retreats.
- Whether in town for a one-day meeting or week-long corporate event, conferences become an experience at HollyHedge Estate on its elegant, historical property. Companies can choose from meeting rooms in the manor house for smaller events, or take a few steps down the brick path to the Fieldstone Barn for larger conferences, retreats and banquets. Depending on organizations' needs, the experienced catering staff offers a cocktail reception with full course service, or simple conference refreshments and a buffet luncheon.
- After a long business day, executives can stroll along the landscaped gardens and brick walkways of Peddler's Village, a shopping center with more than 65 stores. Browsing the artisan shops and clothing stores or relaxing in one of their coffee cafes is a great way to unwind.
- The Mercer Museum is a six-story castle featuring more than 40,000 early-American artifacts from the collection of Henry Chapman Mercer. At the Mercer Museum, businesses enjoy meeting in the exquisite Garden Patio Tent, Great Hall, or Elkins Gallery. With its beautiful venues and delicious cocktails, this is a wonderful place for teams to derive inspiration and host events.
- Just twenty minutes away from the Mercer Museum is the Delaware River, where coworkers can float, kayak, or canoe with Bucks County River Country, enjoying the scenic views of Bucks County from the water.
- Businesses appreciate a quaint meeting at the Black Bass Hotel. Located along the scenic Delaware River and decorated with antiques that maintain its historic charm, this Inn offers a 12-person private dining room and a 50-person banquet hall, along with staff who ensure that events are successful.
- Groups love spending the afternoon or evening along the eclectic streets of New Hope. They can browse the unique clothing and art shops, enjoy an elegant riverside dinner, or catch a show at the Bucks County Playhouse, where actors including Grace Kelly and Dick Van Dyke have performed.
- The historic Pennsbury Manor, William Penn's 17th century reconstructed country estate, makes for a breathtaking meeting space with indoor and outdoor settings along the Delaware River. Today the lush green property hosts old-American artifacts, stables and gardens, making business meetings memorable.
- Companies enjoy post-meeting wine tasting at Bucks County's beautiful wineries. Chaddsford Winery, Sand Castle Winery and Rose Bank Winery are just a few of the lovely places available for a corporate event.
- At the Pen Ryn Estate groups both small and large adore the tranquil riverfront, unique décor and grandeur of the property. The estate has a sophisticated, professional ambiance, creating a productive atmosphere for meetings and events.
- Businesses can experience the lifestyle of the rich and noble on a group tour of four historic homes along the Delaware River. Touring these grand homes allows exclusive access to some of Bucks County's most scenic views and provides a glimpse into the lives of the area's elite families of the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. Conveniently located just 25 miles from Philadelphia and 75 miles from New York City, Bucks County is the quintessential place for companies to find inspiration at any meeting or retreat.
Contact: Jessica Lawlor
Visit Bucks County
215 639 0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office, with more than 450 tourism/hospitality partners throughout Bucks County, promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.