BUCKS COUNTY, PA (January 26, 2022) – Bucks County, Pennsylvania is gearing up for an exciting new year filled with milestone anniversaries, attraction openings, new exhibits and family-friendly festivals.
Overnight visitation to Bucks County is coming off a very successful 2021. The holiday months of November and December saw record hotel room occupancies and the highest ever average daily hotel rates. According to STR, the 2021 calendar year room occupancy was 66.1%. This is a rebound of more than 30% from 2020 and with more rooms available than ever before. The average daily hotel rate for 2021 was a record $110.21.
Visitors also came very informed, as VisitBucksCounty.com saw record pages views and visitation with more than 3.5 million pageviews and 1.5 million users. This is the most traffic Visit Bucks County has ever seen to our website. The Visitor Information Specialists also serviced a record number of visitors – nearly 15,000 between walk-in’s, calls, live chats, mailings and emails.
A visit to Bucks County is a must in 2022! To help you plan your trip, Visit Bucks County has rounded up a list of what is on the horizon in the coming year.
HOTELS & B&BS
- Iconic blue Victorian in New Hope celebrates 40th anniversary. The owners of the 1870 Wedgwood Inn of New Hope, Carl & Nadine Glassman, commemorate 40 years in business in 2022. As a special treat to visitors, those who mention “40th Anniversary Special” at the time of their booking will receive $40 off a 3-night reservation throughout the year.
- Riverstone 1730, a historic 5-star rated B&B on the banks of the Delaware, celebrates 4th anniversary. Riverstone 1730 is excited to expand their already spacious dock on the river for guests to enjoy spectacular sunsets. They will also be updating the property’s period antique furnishings.
- Make a toast at the Logan Inn. No matter the day of the week, there is something going on at the recently renovated Logan Inn in New Hope. Stop by for the following events: Whiskey Wednesday, Spirits with Spirits Thursday, Cheers to the Weekend Friday and Saturdays are for Play. The Logan Inn’s old-fashioned movie theater is also open for business with monthly movie marathons.
- Beep, beep! Big Bird’s Tour Bus is coming to Sesame Place® Philadelphia in April. The whole family will enjoy a ride on this oversized red double-decker bus with Big Bird and his furry friends.
- Sister Cities Food Tours will be offering new Thursday and Friday tour dates. Stop at five different locations in New Hope and Lambertville to enjoy tastings, shopping and learn about the history of the towns.
- “Tree”-vose climbs to new heights with the opening of TreeTrails Adventure Park. The new TreeTrails Adventure Park at Phoenix Sport Club is set to open in spring 2022. It will consist of three different attractions for ages 4 and up – TreeTrails, Zip Racer and Zip Trails.
ARTS & CULTURE
- The Bucks County Playhouse launches the South Asian Artistic Initiative (SAAI). The SAAI, a multi-disciplinary artistic program dedicated to promoting, showcasing, and building an awareness of the impact of arts and artists of South Asian heritage, will officially launch in 2022 with its first South Asian Playwrights Festival.
- The TileWorks brings back The Tile Festival and more events. The TileWorks, part of the Mercer Mile of museums in Doylestown, announces The TileWorks Legacy Series. Select artists and craftsmen, influenced and inspired by their time at The TileWorks, will exhibit their work in the upstairs gallery. Additionally, The TileWorks is bringing back The Tile Festival, celebrating Henry Mercer’s 166th birthday on June 24 and hosting “Bluegrass at The TileWorks.”
- See treasures collected in the 21st century on display at the Mercer Museum. Found, Gifted, Saved! The Mercer Museum Collects Local History exhibit, a continuation from the fall, is a renowned exhibit that will be on display until April 10. The exhibit displays a staggering array of artifacts collected by the Bucks County Historical Society between the years of 2000 and 2021.
- Newtown Theatre renovation completion brings comfort, convenience and accessibility. The historic theatre recently underwent a $600,000 internal renovation, completed in December 2021.
- Get a ticket to an exhibit at the James A. Michener Art Museum. From January 29 through May 15, the James A. Michener Art Museum will exhibit The Work of Art: Museum Collecting Unpacked. From March 12 – July 31, the museum will exhibit Keith Haring: A Radiant Legacy. From May 14, 2022– January 8, 2023, come see (re)Frame: Community Perspectives on the Michener Art Collection. Beginning September 24, view the exhibit Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes.
- Taste of the World gala returns. In 2022, Pearl S. Buck International announces the return of the Taste of the World gourmet gala fundraiser, the first one since 2019. The popular and delicious event will be held in the Janet L. Mintzer Center at Pearl S. Buck International.
- New Hope Arts Center celebrates its 20th anniversary. In the heart of the historically-artistic, riverside community, the New Hope Arts Center (NHA) enters 2022 with much to celebrate. NHA launches its always-robust arts and exhibition calendar with additional, new programming. NHA also looks forward to taking the iconic center to the “next level” with the installation of an elevator, thanks to its Community and Economic Development grant from the State of Pennsylvania.
- Bucks County Symphony Orchestra announces a retirement. Maestro Gary S. Fagin will be retiring as Music Director at the conclusion of the April 30, 2022, spring concert after 20 years at the helm. The orchestra will begin its 70th season with a “Cocktails on the Terrace” celebration at the Doylestown County Club on September 24, 2022.
- “Our Towns” Plein Air Art Show returns for second year. AOY Art Center in Yardley will host the second Plein Air Open, the most successful and popular exhibit the center puts on! Alongside the Plein Air event, AOY Art Center will host several juried shows this year, including Art on the Farm in September and Fine Crafts Show in November.
- The Oscar Hammerstein Museum and Theatre Education Center (OHMTEC) hosts the Hammerstein International Youth Solo Contest. This annual contest is open to vocalists ages 5-23 of all nationalities and centers on celebrating the lyrics of Oscar Hammerstein II. The contest also raises international awareness of the nonprofit’s mission to save Oscar Hammerstein’s Doylestown home and open the home to the public as a museum.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Summer of Pride. New Hope Celebrates Annual Pride Parade and Fair will be on May 21, 2022 in Lambertville, NJ and New Hope, PA. A colorful tradition for tourists and locals alike, the event expects some exciting new elements to be added to this year’s line-up. In June, Doylestown Borough will bring back their 3rd Annual Pride Month and Perkasie their 2nd Annual Pride Month.
- Doylestown Arts Festival returns. A beloved community tradition, the Doylestown Arts Festival will return for its 31st anniversary this year on September 10 & 11.
- River House at Odette’s kicks off the new year with events for visitors and locals alike… starting with an Apres Ski Party at ROOF on January 28. In February, register for their Valentine’s Candle Making Class on February 10 with Moe Simmons of Wax N Scents studio, for their Prix Fixe Valentine’s Day Manu from February 11-14, or for their Refined Wine Journey Dinner on February 24. In March, stay tuned for more information about the Odette’s Archives Exhibit at the Parry Mansion, opening on the 8th.
- The New Hope Automobile Show rolls back into town in August. Known for featuring the finest in classic and antique, foreign and domestic vehicles, the New Hope Automobile Show continues its tradition of bringing unique and rare vehicles to Bucks County on Saturday, August 13 and Sunday, August 14.
- Peddler’s Village packs in the parties for 60th anniversary, including an all-new Sand Sculptures event. Peddler’s Village is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2022. The year-long theme will be: Sixty years, sixty shops, sixty giveaways. For the first time, attend Bucks County Beach Days: Sand Sculptures in the Village. Celebrate summer vibes with larger-than-life sand sculptures and play-all-day sandboxes designed for family fun June 1 – August 31!
- Melissa Etheridge, America, The Revivalists, Wayne Brady & more to perform at Parx Casino®. The #1 casino in Pennsylvania will kick off the New Year with country acts like Old Dominion (Jan. 21 & 22) and Scotty McCreery (Jan. 29). Concerts and comedy abound the rest of the year at this Bensalem entertainment and gaming destination with a state-of-the-art sportsbook and more than 3,000 slots. Some announced so far at Parx Casino® are Aretha: The Queen of Soul (Apr. 21), Wayne Brady (Apr. 22), Melissa Etheridge (Apr. 23), Anthony Rodia (Apr. 30) and America (Jul. 1).
- The African American Museum of Bucks of Bucks County (AAMBC) continues efforts to raise funding for new Boone Farm location in 2022. Though work was stalled due to the pandemic, the Boone Farm building in Langhorne will eventually open and host the AAMBC in a permanent home once renovations are completed.
- Tap into the Past and Present at Pennsbury Manor. Pennsbury Manor’s season opens with Charter Day on Sunday March 13. Celebrate Pennsylvania’s birthday with colonial demonstrations, tours of our historic Manor House, and more. Brews and Bites returns to Pennsbury Manor, William Penn’s country estate on the Delaware River in Morrisville, on June 25. Coming up in early October will be nkwiluntàmën: I long for it; I am lonesome for it (such as the sound of a drum), a site-specific, sound-based installation by Nathan Young. Designed as an immersive sound walk, audiences will be given headphones that guide them with an original composition that considers Young’s personal relationship to the Lenape homeland.
- Plan your corporate or private gathering at Copper House Events. This spring, Copper House Events, a secluded, relaxed retreat and event space in Riegelsville, officially launches its reopening in 2022, showcasing the new patio brick oven pizza kitchen, recently built stone fire circle, and newly developed trails.
WEDDING & EVENT VENUES
- Trolley Barn Public Market in Quakertown opens three new venue spaces. Introducing the outdoor pavilions, a 2nd floor party deck, and, opening in early summer, the Rail Yard Society Social Club. These spaces are/will be available to rent for parties and weddings as well as the Red Brick Event Center, the Event Space at Doan Distillery and the Doan Party Patio.
- Bucks Mont Party Rental’s newest branch of business, Fleurish Floral Design, is “blooming.” In April 2021, Bucks Mont Party Rental (BMPR), a family-owned business since 1989, opened Fleurish Floral Design.
- 80’s babies and brides-to-be, it’s time to feel Nostalgic. Nostalgia 1720, the vintage elegant event venue in Chalfont, hosts an 80's Dance Party on Friday, February 4 from 8-11 p.m. featuring live music from Basic Cable. The event is free to attend. Then, on March 3, the venue will host their first Elegant Bridal Wedding Show of the year. Lastly, Nostalgia 1720 will host Country Music Fest on Saturday, April 30. Come out for a day full of great live music featuring WC Edgar, Morgan Myles, and Jake's Rockin’ Country Band!
- Host your micro-wedding or book a farm-to-table dinner at the Galvanized America Inn. For those looking to elope or size down their wedding guest list, the Galvanized America Inn & Art Gallery in Pipersville will be offering a Micro-Wedding Weekend Package. Experience a 3-day booking for you and up to 28 guests in ultimate rustic romance. The Inn will also be featuring the Farm-to-Table Dinner add-on for guests staying overnight to enjoy. The package includes a 5-7 course farm-to-table dinner with wine.
- Spring Mill Country Club will host numerous holiday celebrations throughout 2022. Choose from these annual events: Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter Buffet, The Kentucky Derby, Mother’s Day Buffet, Kid’s Halloween Party, and Thanksgiving Buffet. Experience the country club lifestyle without being a member.
BEER, WINE & SPIRITS
- Visit Bucks County partners with the Arts & Cultural Council of Bucks County to launch the Bucks County Wine & Art Trail. Beginning October 2022, check-in digitally at 3 or more participating wineries to get a FREE set of limited-edition Bucks County fine art notecards featuring works of art created at each of the wineries along the Wine & Art Trail. While visiting the wineries, look for several outdoor art reproductions on display at the vineyards.
- Free Will Brewing Co. celebrates their 10th anniversary this year! Come out to their anniversary party on Saturday, January 29 at their Perkasie location. Live music under a heated tent, complete with an extra-large bonfire, food trucks and new beer releases
- Neshaminy Creek Brewing Co. celebrates their 10th anniversary in 2022 with a rebranded look. The rebrand is meant to celebrate their decade of brewing and show how the brewery has evolved over that time. The new branding and designs can be found on a wide variety of merchandise and apparel available at Neshaminy Creek’s Croydon and Dublin taprooms.
- Naked Brewing Company brings in business at their new Bristol taproom. Opened in late 2021, the second location for Naked Brewing Company is now at 212 Mill Street in beautiful Bristol Borough (Naked Brewing Bristol)! The renovated upstairs includes a kitchen, which now features full-service weekend brunch every Saturday and Sunday. The kitchen is also open during the week until 9 p.m. serving a small "Bar Bites" menu.
- Great Barn Farm Brewery has expanded with an addition of a new Taphouse in Warrington. The new Taphouse / Live Music Venue features 30 rotating beer taps, Pennsylvania wines and spirits accompanied by seasonal farm-to-table menu. The new Great Barn Taphouse welcomes local musicians and visitors to open jams and live musical performances by local bands and artists.
- The Bucks County Wine Trail will host two ticketed food and wine pairing events this summer. The first will be on Sunday, August 7, at Bishop Estate Vineyards & Winery, Sand Castle Winery and Vino by Zzino. The second will be on Sunday, August 14 at Rose Bank Winery, Rushland Ridge Winery, Buckingham Vineyards and Crossing Vineyards & Winery.
- Washington Crossing Brewfest returns at Washington Crossing Historic Park in 2022! Save the dates for Spring Brewfest on Saturday, May 7 and Fall Brewfest on Saturday, October 29. Taste more than 100 different beers from dozens of regional and national breweries, listen to live music, and enjoy multiple food truck vendors - all in a beautiful wooded setting overlooking the Delaware River.
- Bensalem distillery, 1675 Spirits, opens second space fit for events in Feasterville-Trevose, 1675 at The Ridges. From the creators of 1675 Spirits comes 1675 at The Ridges, a full service indoor/outdoor event space featuring a catering hall, private indoor bars, an outdoor bar, and large outdoor facility for any type of event.
- Extended hours coming to Manoff Market Cidery. Enjoy cider sooner than spooky season. Bucks County’s only cidery is planning to extend its season by opening early spring with outdoor seating that includes fire pits. Manoff Market Cidery makes their cider from apples grown on the farm.
- Rose Bank Winery expands tasting room. Rose Bank Winery in Newtown moved their tasting room, now called The Grotto, and retail shop to the lower floor of the historic Buckman Barn built in 1835. Their new tasting room will feature a beautiful patio overlooking the pasture that holds the furry Rose Bank goat and sheep family.
- 2022 will mark Cafe Con Leche's 25th year in business. As a thank you to the loyal customers who have made business so successful, Café Con Leche will be holding a Meal a Month giveaway throughout the year to celebrate 25 years.
- RESTUARANTS ROUND-UP!
Recent restaurant & bar openings in Bucks County include:
- Amsterdam Coffee Bar in New Hope
- Bomba Taco + Bar in Newtown
- Ferry + Main inside the recently renovated Logan Inn in New Hope
- Harper and Penny’s inside Doylestown’s Main Street Marketplace
- Nikos in Yardley
- OldeStone in the former Marsha Brown restaurant space in New Hope
VISIT BUCKS COUNTY
- The Visit Bucks County (VBC) Board announces new additions and reappoints members for 2022. The Bucks County Commissioners reappointed VBC Board Members Bob McGowan, Golden Plough Inn and Doug Miller, Pennsbury Manor. The Commissioners also appointed Paul Boger, Mind Your Design, and Jonathan Snipes, Snipes Farm & Education Center.
# # #
📷 Download high-res imagery here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ggja4gj6xf2rn5o/AACqwoJKpytf-6xnR4Z_SqcYa?dl=0
📢 Share this! What's Ahead in Bucks County, PA in 2022 VisitBucksCounty.com/WhatsAhead #StayinBucksCo #ExploreinBucksCo #EatinBucksCo #DrinkinBucksCo #WedinBucksCo
Contact: Alexa Johnson
Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Visit Bucks County
215-639-0300 x 227
About Visit Bucks County
Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County. The tourism office promotes all there is to see and do to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, Visit Bucks County targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. For more information on VBC activities call 1-800-836-BUCKS, visit VisitBucksCounty.com or stop by the Bucks County Visitor Center located at 3207 Street Road in Bensalem (adjacent to the entrance to PARX Casino). The Visitor Center is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. It is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Route 1 and Interstate 95.