TOP 10 WAYS TO VIEW FALL FOLIAGE
Calling all “leaf peepers!” As summer fades out and fall bursts in, one of the most picturesque places to visit is Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Welcome in the colorful foliage of vibrant reds, oranges and yellows throughout this sprawling countryside. Peak fall foliage in Bucks County should occur in mid-October.
1. Embark on the charming and historic Covered Bridge Driving Tour
- Covered Bridge
Take the self-guided Bucks County Covered Bridge Driving Tour. Peppered throughout Bucks County’s country back roads are the twelve beautiful covered bridges still standing. Marvel at their incredible authenticity and rich surrounding beauty!
2. Experience Bucks County’s fall foliage at new heights
- Black Bass
Take a hot air balloon ride! Drift above miles of breathtaking landscapes as you soar on a picturesque adventure. Through the Lancaster Balloon Rides company, launch at Peddler's Village in a private or shared balloon and see views of the Delaware River and more.
3. View the gorgeous fall foliage along River Road
- Fall Foliage and Sun
View the foliage at ground level with a scenic drive along River Road/Route 32. Stop by the eclectic bunch of restaurants and shops sprinkled along the way and enjoy the afternoon taking in the crisp autumn air with wading sounds of the Delaware River in the background.
4. Board the New Hope Railroad for the Fall Foliage Excursion Train
- Fall Foliage with Cabin and Pond
All aboard! Ride in style in the 1920s vintage passenger coach for a two-and-a-half-hour journey through the picturesque countryside on the New Hope Railroad weekends in September, October and November.
5. Stroll the cobblestone walkways of Peddler’s Village
- Scarecrow Festival
Natural beauty surrounds you as you stroll the cobblestone walkways at the 42-acre,18th-century-style shopping destination, Peddler’s Village. Check out the impressive locally-entered scarecrow competition during Scarecrows in the Village (Sept. 5 – Oct. 31, 2022), OctoberFeast (October 15 & 16, 2022) and stop by during Apple Festival (November 5 & 6, 2022) for hot cider and apple pie buys.
6. See the leaves at Washington Crossing Historic Park
- Painter by river at Washington Crossing
Spend a leisurely fall afternoon strolling through Washington Crossing Historic Park. Learn about the rich history of the park from the present and past. Get your tickets for their fall BeerFest, too!
7. For a bird’s-eye view of the County, climb to the top of Bowman’s Hill Tower
- View of fall foliage from Bowman's Tower
Located on the grounds of Washington Crossing Historic Park, challenge yourself by climbing to the top of Bowman’s Hill Tower! The tower provides visitors with breathtaking views across 14 miles of pristine countryside.
8. Biking along the scenic towpath in Delaware Canal State Park
- Cyclist along the Delaware Canal in fall
The 60-mile tree-lined towpath along Delaware Canal State Park provides some of the best foliage viewing in all of Bucks County. Pack a picnic and take in picture-perfect views while enjoying lunch along the canal.
9. Embark on a crisp fall hike at High Rocks in Ralph Stover Park
- High Rocks Park
Spend the day admiring the views from the hiking trail or rock climb to its scenic sights in Ralph Stover Park.
10. Head to Bristol's waterfront for unique riverside views
- Sunset at Silver Lake Nature Center
The waterfront, complete with two large floating docks, is the perfect place for boaters in the summer, and standing by to admire the foliage in the fall.