24 HOURS IN BUCKS COUNTY
With only 24 hours in a day and countless great attractions in Bucks County, it's tough to choose where to go when you visit. If you only have one day to spare, make every moment count at these top must-visit attractions in Bucks County! Here's an itinerary to help you plan your day:
START OFF THE DAY IN DOYLESTOWN:
• Discover one of Bucks County's most treasured historic attractions, The Mercer Mile. Fonthill Castle, the Mercer Museum and the The Tileworks make up the Mercer Mile and the destinations are all dedicated to celebrating and displaying the life and work of Henry Chapman Mercer.
NEXT, TAKE A SHORT 15-MINUTE DRIVE OVER TO PEDDLER'S VILLAGE IN LAHASKA:
• You'll find a quaint, 18th-century style shopping village that's home to more than 65 one-of-a-kind shops! Browse the different stores and walk along brick pathways to enjoy the beautiful grounds on brick walkways.
• For Lunch: Enjoy a delicious meal at one of three restaurants located right in Peddler's Village:Buttonwood Grill, Cock N' Bull and Earl's New American. Each is unique and serves a variety of menu items that will make your mouth water!
HEAD OVER TO DOWNTOWN NEW HOPE, ONLY A 10-MINUTE DRIVE FROM PEDDLER'S VILLAGE:
• Named one of "America's Favorite Towns" by Travel + Leisure, New Hope is a must-stop destination. The eclectic town is full of a wide range of shops, restaurants and attractions that are ideal for any visitor! For a truly unique experience, climb aboard the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad! Travel in a restored, vintage 1920s passenger car on a 45-minute train ride through the scenic Bucks County countryside.
FROM NEW HOPE, TRAVEL 20-MINUTES TO WASHINGTON CROSSING HISTORIC PARK:
• Stand where George Washington and his Continental Army once stood before crossing the Delaware River on Christmas night in 1776. Washington Crossing Historic Park is the site of stone memorials and historic collections, and serves as the resting ground for Revolutionary War soldiers. There you'll also find Bowman's Hill Tower, a 125 feet tall stone structure that offers extraordinary views of the Delaware River.
FINALLY, MAKE YOUR WAY TO PARX CASINO & RACING IN BENSALEM:
• If you're feeling lucky, head to Parx Casino, the largest gaming complex in Pennsylvania. There are plenty of opportunities to win with more than 3,000 slot machines, 120 live game tables and 60 poker tables. Also, check out the nightlife and dining scene, which includes Chickie's and Pete's, Jax Sports Bar, 360 Night Club at Parx and more!